Advantages of silicone oil
(1) The viscosity temperature performance is better than that of liquid lubricants, and the viscosity changes little in a wide temperature range. Its freezing point is generally less than – 50 ℃ and some as high as – 70 ℃. The appearance and viscosity of the oil remain unchanged after long-term storage at low temperature. It is a base oil with high temperature, low temperature and wide temperature range. (2) The results show that the thermal loss of acid is small (300 ℃) and the heat loss of evaporation is only small (300 ℃) and the temperature of evaporation is higher than 300 ℃. For example, the temperature of oxidation is better than 300 ℃.
(3) Excellent electrical insulation, volume resistance, etc. do not change in the range of normal temperature to 130 ℃ (but the oil can not contain water).
(4) It is a non-toxic, low foaming and anti foaming oil, which can be used as defoamer, etc.
(5) Excellent shear stability, can absorb vibration, prevent vibration propagation function, can be used as damping fluid.
Disadvantages of silicone oil
(1) The lubricity of silicone oil is not good, especially for steel friction pair.
(2) The thermal expansion coefficient of silicone oil is large (overpressure may occur).
(3) The solubility of gas is high (it is difficult to design gas seal device).
(4) It has a certain hygroscopicity (when the water content is higher than 100 × 10 – 6, the electrical properties decrease sharply).
(5) Low surface tension (easy to leak from the machine).
Silicone oil is widely used. It is not only used as aviation, cutting-edge technology, military technology departments
Its application scope has been expanded to: construction, electronic and electrical, textile, automobile, machinery, leather
Paper, chemical industry, light industry, metal and paint, medicine and medical treatment, etc.
The main applications of silicone oil and its derivatives are: film remover, damping oil, dielectric oil, hydraulic oil, heat transfer oil, diffusion pump oil, defoamer, lubricant, hydrophobic agent, paint additive, polishing agent, cosmetics and daily necessities additive, surfactant, particle and fiber treatment agent, silicone grease and flocculant.
Link to this article：Advantages And Disadvantages Of Silicone Oil And Its Application Fields
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Silicone And Casting，Thanks！^^